This photo and some of the list have been circulating on the Internet. I added some commentary and a conclusion.
Okay, I’ll play her silly game. Abracadabra! Women now have the same rights and will be treated like guns. I carried a gun, on a daily basis, for thirty years and still do when the spirit moves me. I feel I am qualified to point out some things about gun toters in general.
I have a confession to make. There are some guns I would carry and others that I would not. I am guilty of discrimination. I am not now and never have been faithful. I possess multiple guns and may favor one over another on a whim. Sometimes I even carried two, or three counting the the AR-15.
Occasionally I left a gun locked up in the car. I didn’t care how hot or cold it got. My friends and I often passed around a gun for our pleasure. We engaged in debates over the desirability of physical characteristics of a particular gun. We weren’t shy about making complimentary or denigrating remarks regarding those characteristics.
My comments were about treatment. Let’s look to “RIGHTS.”
If a woman were to given the same rights as a gun, the following would come into play.
- – Women would be banned from most schools. There goes educational opportunities for women.
- – Many stores, restaurants would deny women service or entry.
- – Women would be banned from any establishment selling alcohol.
- – Women would be banned from polling places on election days. You thought voter ID laws were tough? Kinda hard to vote if one is not allowed in the door.
- – Women would be banned from all Federal facilities and a lot of State and Local venues. No day in court, no driver’s license, and no representation. I suppose one could chase elected officials down the street.
- – Women would be banned from most public transportation, certainly airports.
- – Women would have no say in who they were paired with. That decision would be made by a third party after a waiting period and the proper paperwork was completed. There may even be a fee. This would give potential suitors time to sober up!
- – It is acceptable to discriminate against women simply because they look too scary.
- – Women would be locked up at all times that they are not in use.
- -For an additional fee, women could be equipped with silencers.
The sentiment expressed in sign looks like a step back to me. But, I’m a man and my opinion doesn’t count. Girls I’m game if you are.